13 October 2007

Monkey Bread

I first went and found this recipe when people I knew online kept talking about 'Monkey Balls.' It makes the recipe sound both less and more appealing at the same time. Hahahahahaha...

Ingredients:

  • 3 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup margarine (I always use butter in everything tho :) )
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional, good thing, cuz I don't like walnuts)
  • 1/2 cup raisins (I think I left these out too...)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
  2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a blastic bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6 to 8 biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan. Continue until all the buiscuits are coated and placed in the pan. If you are using nuts and raisins, arrange them in and among the buscuit pieces as you go along.
  3. In a small saucepan, melt the margarine (or butter, in my case) with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the biscuits.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto a plate. Do not cut! The bread just pulls apart.


Thanks to Allrecipes.com for helping satisfy my curiosity, and then my craving. :)

No comments: