11 October 2007

Almost Friday

from Booking Through Thursday:

  • Have you ever met one of your favorite authors? Gotten their autograph?
  • How about an author you felt only so-so about, but got their autograph anyway? Like, say, at a book-signing a friend dragged you to?
  • How about stumbling across a book signing or reading and being so captivated, you bought the book?


Umm...nope, nope and nope? The only signed book I have is The Witches' Companion by Katherine Ramsland, because I worked with her sister for a while and she got it for me.
I worked at a book store for a while, but somehow signings were just never my thing. I like books, not authors, I suppose.
Oh, wait! I did go to a presentation by Tekla Dennison Miller about writing memoirs, and she talked about The Warden Wore Pink and I think a couple other books she'd written, and I did buy them.

2 comments:

Vamp D said...

Yes, Yes, & No.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Books interest me not authors.

I would like to meet Charlotte Bronte but that is not possible as of now!

:D